Welcome to the site! If you're interested in more specific market updates including please email me at Email me!, and put in the subject line 'Petworth Updates'.
- Fish in the Hood burgled early this morning February 14, 2020Fish in the Hood (3601 Georgia Avenue NW) was burgled Friday morning around 7am. Read the full article and see pictures on PetworthNews.org. Read more...
- Two weeks of violence: Shootings, safety and what comes next for Petworth February 14, 2020On the afternoon of Saturday, February 1st, a car drove past the Petworth playground at 8th and Taylor Streets NW, shots rang out from the car, children and parents dove for cover under slides, and a young man was shot in the foot. He’s not talking about what happened. In the early evening of Thursday, […]
- DC Stoddert soccer launches "Stay & Play" program [sponsored] February 10, 2020As part of a new DC Stoddert soccer initiative, in collaboration with Up2Us Sports, the Stay & Play Program was created with the primary goal of developing a sustainable after-school program for schools in under-represented communities in DC. Although soccer is a critical component of the program’s curriculum, DC Stoddert Stay & Play Program aims […]
- Meeting on safety and the Petworth Playground on Tuesday February 7, 2020ANC 4C Commissioner Kim Varzi sent an email about an upcoming meeting to discuss safety concerns at the Petworth Playground. The meeting is on Tuesday, February 6th at the Petworth Recreation Center (801 Taylor Street NW). This is precipitated by the recent shooting on Monday, February 3rd at the park. Read the full article and […]
- Third Annual Chili Cookoff featuring local chefs and tons of flavor! February 7, 2020The only thing better than hot chocolate in cold weather… is Chili! It’s time for the Third Annual Lower Georgia Ave Main Street Chili Cook-Off! This popular community-based, family-friendly and free event is in its third year of delicious chili and social gathering. The highlight is the chili tasting, featuring 9 local restaurants and chefs along […]